Definitely dog friendly and beautiful and peaceful too! This state park has full hook ups, premium sites lakeside and monthly sites as well. I was checking out the monthly sites as I will definitely want to come back here one day. We stayed for 5 days. And for 3 of those days, we didn’t even had any neighbors any where near us, which I don’t understand because it’s pretty near perfect here.
I was walking around to make a list of level sites with a view and no close neighbors and there are actually too many to list. My site, #52, was level, unobstructed view of the lake for 180° and no neighbors on 3 sides. And actually, since no one took the spot next to me, I really had no neighbors at all. Another great site is #58. There were 2 people in that one while I was here– one for 2 days, then empty, then someone pulled in for the long weekend. For monthly sites, #72 and #75 would be my choice.
There are 3 camping “circles” with about 30 spots in each. They each have access to a beach area and extra parking as well. There is a marina down the road toward the spillway and the other direction has day picnic facilities and a golf course. There are also some cabins right on the lake but none of them are pet- friendly.
At the end of the day use area, past the tennis courts, there is a hiking trail through the swamp and woods. We just walked the boardwalk part which was about 1/2 mile. Be aware that all throughout the park, there are signs to watch out for alligators. However we never saw one.
• Rustic and woodsy; beautiful lake
• Large sites; about half are full hook up
• Monthly sites
• Within a much larger park complex with fishing, golfing, etc.
• Quite a drive for supplies if you need to leave
• Only about 50% of the sites seemed level or close enough for blocks; some of them would have been impossible to level unless you were in a very tiny trailer or tent
• No pull thru sites
• Be aware of alligators; there was a small swimming area but I don’t think I’d chance it
• I needed to call the ranger station when the water got shut off for 1/2 a day and they never answered. Finally got a hold of them and they said they were working on the water but they never told any of the visitors