I feel lucky that I found this place because I almost checked in somewhere else, but it was so awful, I started checking around and discovered a KOA just 15 minutes away. I liked it so much, I extended my 6 day stay by 3 more days.
They have the Presidents Award and are trying for the Founders Award so, needless to say, are very accommodating and customer service oriented. But I get the feeling they would be that way even without an award. There are owner- operators on site and at least one full time employee I chatted with a couple times a day who just seemed to be in a great mood all the time and loved his job.
- Spacious sites; about half for big rigs and half in the woods
- Attentive employees; onsite garbage pick up throughout the day; escort to site
- Mowed and kept neat; new gravel was being put in when I checked in
- Store; quarter rolls available; 24 hour laundry room
- Dog friendly with dog park and dog waste stations
- Walking opportunities, including an unused fire road through the woods
- Good drainage — we had some weather while I was there
- Some industry nearby that is a little noisy (car demolishing?) and I saw junk yard dogs running up and down the street unattended
- Not a lot of food in the store but enough in the way of supplies or emergency camping needs
- No food delivery out here 😦