I wanted to explore the real Louisiana but after a night in Johnson Bayou, I decided from now on, I’ll stick to the main highways and the expensive resorts. All along Gulf Beach Highway (#82), there are rv park after rv park but they are not rv resorts. The manager of the one I checked in to said it’s mostly construction workers who are staying long term. And all of these rv parks look like they are in someone’s front yard.
I had asked for 2 nights over the phone but when I checked in (cash only, $30 a night), I quickly changed my mind. There is no designation of one site to the next, it’s literally like parking in a big mud field. There are horrible stickers everywhere and I think only the long term residents are under the big trees. I was out in the sun.
- Nicely mowed down everywhere so no tall weeds
- Full hookups and laundry building
- Friendly staff
- Places to walk the dogs (several gravel roads throughout)
- Impossible stickers everywhere and very hard to get out of things; the dogs had a hard time going from the MH to the road for potty walks
- Really junky trailers and vehicles parked willy nilly every where
- People are just there to work and go to school; not much in to socializing or being friendly
- No dog facilities
- No stores or conveniences within walking distance