If you like pristine and well- organized, this is the park for you. If you like to bend the rules, drive on. They are dog friendly but I was scared to let my dogs pee any where before we got to the dog park. It’s meticulously landscaped and there are signs everywhere. Plus, there is a lot of staff always present.
Just 5 miles from the meteor crater exhibit ($18 for adults; $16 for seniors over 60) but very easy access on and off I 40 too. You won’t have any worries staying here — 24 hour security, gates, and definitely not the kind of place party people park at.
I paid $80 for 2 nights, full hook ups, with a Good Sam discount. They have sites with just elec/ water too but all sites are pull thru.
- Clean park, large sites, all pull thru
- Store on site, 3 nice laundry rooms
- 2 dog parks, side by side, so if you don’t want to socialize, you don’t have to
- There’s a discontinued dirt road right outside that makes for great dog walks early morning or evening
- Lots of trees but they are all rather small so no real shade
- They disapprove of dogs peeing any where but the dog park. I was parked about 100 yards away so this was a challenge
- All the throughways and the pull through spots look like roads and I found it very hard to navigate the park or understand the map.
- For a park this pristine, I had to use a couple leveling blocks which surprised me