This is a nice, clean KOA with pull through sites and full hook ups just 1.1 miles from the historic town of Selegman on Route 66.
I toured the town first, ate at the Road Kill Cafe and did some souvenir shopping before checking in. But the campground is close enough for a nice walk or bike road back to town to do some exploring or grab a bite or drink.
- Friendly staff
- Clean, well organized park (but remember — the dumpster gets locked at night and the store is closed from 10 to 2 every day)
- Dog park
- Discounts for Good Sam, etc.
- Restaurant just across an empty lot that you can walk to for lunch or dinner
- On historic Route 66
- Store and gift shop on site
- Not many places for the dogs to pee on the way to the dog park or just when walking around. It’s very dry!
- Trains are very close and when one toots it’s horn at 1:30 am, it’s a little unsettling
- I like to turn my water hose on just half force so my fresh water tank doesn’t fill up but there is only one setting on the water hook-ups — on or off (but that’s just a little thing that probably wouldn’t affect most people)