(This was our assigned spot before I asked to move. It’s a lovely spot but I wanted shade.)
The good and the bad — this is the only motel (& a pretty nice campground) on the river. But Needles is the hottest city in the USA and, silly me, I was here in July. However, I wasn’t alone. Although the resort is pretty sparse this time of year and I was surrounded by boats in storage, there were a fair number of travelers coming and going. And I talked to one couple who lives here full time.
There’s a private beach, a lovely deck overlooking the river, and they are very dog friendly. The manager (possibly owner) has dogs herself. There is no dog park but plenty of opportunities for on leash walks.
I paid $195 for a week and they take Passport America and Good Sam.
- Easy river access; private beach
- Managers on site
- Dog friendly
- On Route 66
- Clean laundry/shower room that’s open 24/7
- Well, the obvious — don’t come in the summer
- It’s a little crowded with everyone’s boats and trucks, etc.; not sure how they actually fit 31 campers in
- No dog park
- Cafe within walking distance but only open on weekends