I spent at week at Cal Expo RV Park while visiting friends in the area. At first, I was disappointed that it was basically a parking lot. But we actually had an ok time. Rates are $275 a week (more of a discount for the whole month) getting one night free when you use the weekly rate.
Bring extra leveling blocks if you want the paved side of the park. Everything slopes towards the drainage culvert. The gravel side of the park is much more level but doesn’t have the trees. However, they can definitely accommodate a lot of large rigs, almost all the spaces are pull through.
You probably won’t be able to get a reservation during state fair time (last 2 weeks of July) but otherwise, it’s not very crowded. Good bargain for full hook ups, 24 hour security, 3 on site managers, quiet, and close to many shopping and eating opportunities
- Walking trails and bicycle trails abound
- Clean and quiet, security in place
- All sites have full hookups
- Dog park and dog run
- Walking distance to nice restaurants and pubs
- Spacious sites
- Few trees, you are literally camping in a parking lot
- You will need lots of leveling blocks
- There are homeless people that use the bike trails but I didn’t see anyone who made me nervous and we were comfortable walking during the day (but don’t walk long distances out on the trails alone)
- It doesn’t have a google address but does show up on google maps. Visitors will be able to find you but I was reluctant to order delivery food.