Vacaville is on the road between San Francisco and Sacramento. It’s a popular place for people wanting to tour the Napa Valley or the Bay Area without paying SF prices. This RV park has many long timers with people who work at nearby Travis AFB and other local industries. But unlike other full time parks, this one is exceptionally clean and modern.
I attended an RVing Women meet up here a few years ago so when I needed a place near sacramento short term, I wanted to come back here. 2 best things are a fenced in dog park and a large Camping World 2 miles away.
Although it’s out in the country, the narrow road is only 1/2 mile from the I505 entrance and people don’t observe the speed limit so walking dogs or riding bikes is not recommended. However, good news is that there are several miles of dirt paths following agricultural culverts that aren’t fenced in and they are the perfect place for walking.
- Dog park
- Lots of areas to choose from including back in, pull thru, and premium
- Wifi and cable TV included
- 2 swimming pools, 1 fitness room, playground, 3 laundry rooms, bathrooms and showers
- Meeting room/club house popular with groups like Escapees
- There are places in the dog park and on some of the lawns where people obviously don’t believe in “scoop the poop.” I really hate that
- No groceries or snacks at their office but there is a county grocery store 3/4 mile away
- No grass in the short term parking area but there is grass right behind